Search This Blog

Monday 31 January 2011

Training with World Class Start – Anna Porteus TSBC



Recently, I have been training at Molesey Boat Club under the watchful eye of Neasa Folan, who is an incredibly successful coach, having led numerous crews to victories at all abilities from club to international level.

Since being at Molesey, there has been a definite increase in the intensity of my programme and I am currently training 9 times a week. Having learnt lots of new aspects of the sport I never even knew existed before I feel I have progressed into a more competent rower.

With 7 World Class Start camps a year in Nottingham, these are times when you are required to perform, preparing you for the intensity needed at GB level and I feel that with every session undertaken, I am one step closer to achieving my aim of representing my country.

Anna Portlyeous